May 29, 2008

Good stuff

First entry on the list of "good things I enjoy" that I've recently discovered is this guy. I can't say I really care as much for his original songs, but his covers of classics, like this one, are fantastic. In fact... I think they're better than the originals in some cases.

Oh, and speaking of which, look out Rat Pack -- here comes Charlie Green! (Where do 10-year-old kids get this kind of poise and self-confidence? To say nothing of charm... good grief.)

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Ah, admit it - you were won over by Charlie's cute little accent.

Jen said...

No question! ...not to mention his 100 kilowatt smile. I loved how he giggled in the middle of a line towards the end of the song in reaction to the standing ovation from the audience.

They have had some of the sweetest little kids on that show!

Sarah S. said...

That's why I can't stand to watch - the inevitable and heartbreaking come down is too awful.

Like when the Woods were on the American version - and the judges told them to lose the parents and youngsters? And the little girl started crying? I couldn't take it. And somehow I don't think the fact that David Hasselhoff loved them would make up for it.

Jen said...

Oh. David Hasselhoff. You know, I started out watching the British version first, then saw links for the American one and was horrified at the difference. So tacky! So irritating! So...Hasselhoff! I'm embarrassed for us.

Yeah, I know what you mean, Sarah. As it turns out, Charlie Green didn't make it through to the finals. The look on his little face... But then, you get the happy ending stories, too: check out George Sampson. Seriously. :)

Sarah S. said...

Well...as much as he is, well, Hasselhoff, I find his desire to like everybody a little easier to take than Simon. Simon's just so...Simony.

George Sampson was pretty amazing, although my impressions of break dancing always have the "wow" tempered by "why?"

Now, admittedly, I don't know that many BGT stories, but so far I think my favorite is Paul Potts. A car phone salesman who can sing Nessun Dorma? Very cool.