January 30, 2010

A visit!

I'm trying to get my work done early this morning. I'm planning out dinner menus for the week, doing the grocery shopping, and anxiously watching the snowfall. My good friend is coming to visit today!


Ginger is flying in from Vienna (if our snow doesn't delay her flight) to stay for a week. She's organizing two very chic formal dinners on behalf of the ITI -- one in DC and one in NY -- which means I have to share her with a tremendous amount of work distractions. I will try to remind myself of this when I'm happily planning Girls' Nights Out and Evenings In. These will probably go by the wayside. I will sigh and be okay with this, (though I make no promises about not trying to tempt her away from her responsibilities with bottles of red wine and old black and white movies.)

I will take what I can get. With her being overseas for six years and on the other side of the continent for many more, whatever time I have with her is a blessing.

Now -- I'm off to get the ingredients to make a huge pot of pasta e fagiole! This girl will not go hungry...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell her we said hi.

Jeffrey's Wife said...

Oh, that's a beautiful picture!!

Margaret said...

Yay Ginger! Hope you gets in lots of good visiting time -- offering up big pots of pasta e fagiole can only help your cause of getting her to throw over work. Heh.