February 21, 2009

Any excuse for posting

Do I have much to say? Nah, not really. I could complain about the gosh-awful-hope-I-never-see-its-like-again week I just had or jabber your ear off about my upcoming comps, but why? My week was awful and overly stressed (on top of a sinus infection and mysterious dizzy spells) but it's done. I'm going to spend the day tomorrow with family and two adorable little boys. The drama of comps won't take place in any visible way until March 10th, at which point I will give you all a play-by-play.

Meanwhile, let's have some frivolous fun. Here's another meme that's been going around the blogosphere! Type "[your name] needs" into Google and enter the first 10 responses*, either on your own blog or in the comments box.

So, according to Google, Jen needs:

1. a muzzle. (*snicker*)

2. human anatomy lessons. (bwah-ha!)

3. cheering up. (aww... so true!)

4. a tech-makeover.

5. taking out for fun. (woo-hoo!! you know that's right.)

6. you. (awww...)

7. work. (um, would that be a "job" or "improvements"?)

8. to get off facebook. (I kid you not.)

9. advice. (yeah, okay)

10. to go. (Ugh. I'm going to take this to mean, "I've got stuff to do! Time to get crackin'!")

Fortunately, the meme cuts this off at 10. Good thing, 'cause the next three were "...a new job", "...to step it up", and "...help." Looks like Google was gradually losing patience with me. :)

*Actually, I had a hard time finding bona fide responses to this, given the sheer number of "Jens" out there who have already done this on their blogs. I just kept getting linked to their lists. So "first 10" maybe isn't exactly accurate...

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Margaret needs ...

1. to know what the heck a2-2abcosq+b2 is all about. [Actually, no, I'm good.]

2. to be admitted. [Gulp.]

3. a tech makeover. [You and me both, sister.]

4. your help for speech therapy.

5. us.

6. a lot of votes!

7. a blog. [Like I need a kick in the teeth.]

8. a collar with a bell on it. [I am so sneaky!]

9. someone to talk to, but who??? [Whom.]

10. more laughs.

HA!!

"Father Barry" said...

Joseph needs...

1. "...a loving family." [Not sure I should even go on. That's about 1,000% backwards.]

2. "...surgery after nightclub fight." [Um...how'd they know about that?]

3. "...to dominate in the trenches." [Oh, yeah. That's what I'm talking about.]

4. "...Facebook." [No thanks.]

5. "...9 3/4 yards of wire for one project and 2 13/16 yards of wire for a second project." [Gosh, I hope so. Sounds awesome.]

6. "...our help on JamBase." [At the risk of revealing more ignorance that I want, I have no idea what JamBase is. It has to do with live music and tubas, or something.'

7. "...a machine so frictionless as to be almost silent." [I wonder if that's what I will be making from all that wire I got in #5.]

8. "...advice!" [That's probably true. Though the explamation point just seems mean.]

9. "...you!" [Again, the explamation point. A little more Jen would always be welcome, though. Just be warned: it's cold here.]

10. "...Joseph needs to begin to develop more positive self-esteem by acknowledging his accomplishments. While Joseph
will interact with familiar classmates and adults, he has difficulty making and sustaining friendships. He will frequently become frustrated by his perceived inability to complete tasks. He has indicated that he is afraid that he will “mess up”. Rather than do so, he will not try new things. This fear and frustration carry over into all areas and environments with the possible exception of work. He feels he is accomplishing something special. He needs to be constantly reminded of the wonderful things he can do and the impact he is making on those around him, especially his co-workers. He is beginning to make connections with his co-workers, sharing breaks with them and talking about sports. Joseph has a preference for jobs that bring him into contact with young children and senior citizens. Since going out to work and meeting adults, Joseph has been thinking and talking more about what he wants to do and where he wants to live after school is finished." [Wow. I'm speechless.]

Jen said...

Ha HA!!! Father Barry, that is spectacular. Looks like you linked to a psychological assessment report on some poor socially-anxious fellow.

...um, have I told you lately how *great* you are at your job? Seriously -- you just accomplish so much for one person. And those old folks you hang out with have nothing but positive things to say about you!

Re: #9 -- Aww! Thanks! It would be wonderful, the cold notwithstanding. But warmer weather plus Barry Family would be even better. :)

Sarah S. said...

Sarah needs...

1. a cold shower. (mean)

2. to get her life back and establish herself as the person in charge. (this on is just behind the times. I am the person in charge!)

3. a date. (maybe once Fr. B is done with that wire project..)

4. your manly vote! (I so don't)

5. more love lyrics. (sure, why not?)

6. facebook (sad but true)

7. to hand him one of those weapons that went off without warning. (Apparently I'm even more annoyed by the wire project than I realized...)

8. help's Q & A profile.

9. sponsors to compete. (Please consider a pledge.)

10. a band. (To go with her choir, nae doot.)

coming attractions included a miracle and batteries.

hobbitmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah D said...

Mine are exactly the same as Sarah's, for obvious reasons. :-)