February 2, 2009

Coffee love

I randomly came across a hilarious video about coffee which I posted to my facebook page a few days ago. Aside from the fact that it has a really catchy tune, I've been replaying the video a lot lately -- both online and in my mind -- because of how germane it is to my life at the moment.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to stay awake in a class where the professor, to put it baldly, has both a soothing, monotonous voice and a rambling teaching style? Do you have any idea how hard it is to stay awake in the above condition while reclining almost fully-prone in an extremely comfortable, ergonomic chair?

I think about coffee a lot now. I drink it a lot now. And somehow, this little video just makes me want to drink it more, in a really...perverse kind of way. Enjoy the clip! (And, Amy, be forewarned: as the man's coffee high gets higher, the video gets more and more bizarre. And a bit gruesome. If you're squeamish, stop the video when he comes back to the office after a working lunch!)

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Jen, if it ever comes to the point where your utensils are dancing with you in the kitchen, STEP AWAY FROM THE COFFEE.

And yes, I know just what you mean about the sonorous voice of a meandering professor. The only thing that kept me awake at those times was having to sit in an uncomfortable desk, though, so I'm not sure how you're managing in your super-comfy chair...

Sarah D said...

I had Dr. Neumayr for Junior Theology. A 1 p.m. class. I know whereof you speak!

BTW, one of the bumper stickers on my car reads:
"Death before dishonor. Nothing before coffee!"

"Father Barry" said...

That short reminded me of Les Triplettes de Delleville, for some reason. Very odd. But it did remind me...

Time for more coffee.

Margaret said...

Reminded me of the same, Father B.

hobbitmom said...

HO-kay. That was WEIRD.

And of course I just happened to look this up on Joe's laptop at the kitchen counter, on my way to the coffeepot...

Sarah S. said...

You are all crazy. Pass the decaf chai, please.