I must add, too, that the only purpose of this book is to solve the intellectual problem raised by suffering; for the far higher task of teaching patience and fortitude I was never fool enough to suppose myself qualified, nor have I anything to offer my readers except my conviction that, when pain is to be borne, a little courage helps more than much knowledge, a little human sympathy more than much courage, and the least tincture of the love of God more than all.My very deep thanks to everyone for their "human sympathy", which has been more than just a little. In my experience so far, I think he's absolutely right. I have been given so much help and support from family and friends that I'm able to face the prospect of continued suffering in the future with much less dread. I know that you all will be there with me.
May 2, 2009
Thanks
I wanted to pass along something I came across this morning reading C.S. Lewis's The Problem of Pain:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment